This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 16 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 1932
North Circular RoadShortly after the opening of the Telford Road stretch of the North Circular Road, in 1932 the Piccadilly Line was extended to Arnos Grove, requiring a bridge across the valley from Bounds Green. The columns supporting this bridge are now preventing widening of the road to three lanes in each direction
Picture added on 16 September 2009 at 16:27