This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 598 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 1938
Trams & TrolleybusesAt Barnet Church in 1938 a tram and trolleybus pose for the cameras. Trams, which had run in the area since 1905, were replaced by trolleybuses on 5 March 1938. Trolleybuses ran until 2 January 1962, when they were replaced by Routemaster buses
Picture added on 11 November 2009 at 16:40