Friern Barnet and Finchley Photo Archive

This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.

Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:

BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES

BARNET MUSEUM

THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY

HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY

FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK

MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

1923

New Southgate GNR train from King's Cross passes under New Southgate bridge. Note the signal boxes under the arche...
High Road, Whetstone Numbers 1288-1296 (when built in 1907 they were numbered 1-5 Bank Parade). This postcard is postmark...
The Orange Tree, 2 Friern Banet Lane Thuis photograph was taken shortly after rebuilding in 1923 (Percy reboul Collection)
North Middlesex Golf Club Annual Dinner 1923
Trams from London Transport Museum collection
Trains The 5.40pm service from King's Cross at New Southgate. Postcard postmarked 26 March 1923
North Middlesex Golf Club Annual Dinner 1923 (Percy Reboul Collection)
High Road, Whetstone Postcard from the early 1920s (Percy Reboul Collection)? The Bull & Butcher is on the right
High Road, Whetstone Postcard postmarked 3 July 1923 (Andrew Forsyth Collection)
Woodhouse Road, N12 Plaque showing the date when Grand Parade was built
Trains GNR number 1002 passing under New Southgate bridge sometime in the 1920s
New Southgate Station The station was renamed New Southgate & Friern Barnet in 1923. It started life in 1850 as Colney Hat...

Latest Pics

Former Queens Head pubFire drill article Percy Road playground seatsPercy Road PlaygroundNew PictureFinchley news 1900Record Cycles advertOld bicycles wanted advertCocoa advert SignalmanCocoa advert Guard