Friern Barnet and Finchley Photo Archive

This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.

Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:

BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES

BARNET MUSEUM

THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY

HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY

FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK

MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

1937

Arnos Grove Underground Station Arnos Grove Underground Station. Opened in 1932. Photo taken c1937. Now a Grade 2* Listed building
Oakleigh Road School Photographed in 1937 (Percy Reboul Collection). See also image number 8267 for a class photograph ta...
Great Northern Motors "Kelly's Directory of Finchley 1937"
Raynor "Kelly's Directory of Finchley 1937"
Letter The sign did not get erected
Friern Barnet Town Hall The Priory, Friern Barnet UDC's offices until the building of the new Town Hall
Gaumont, North Finchley The opening took place on 19 July 1937
Friern Barnet Lane Postcard postmarked 13 September 1937 (Andrew Forsyth Collection)
Gaumont, North Finchley The Gaumont Cinema, North Finchley taken around April 1937 (photograph supplied by Paul Winnett)
Alexandra Arms, Cromwell Road, N10 The back garden of the Alexandra Arms in 1937 (Gilbert Dyet Collection)
Alexandra Arms, Cromwell Road, N10 The back garden of the pub in 1937 (Gilbert Dyet Collection)
William Beckett "Kelly's Directory of Finchley 1937"

Latest Pics

Former Queens Head pubFire drill article Percy Road playground seatsPercy Road PlaygroundNew PictureFinchley news 1900Record Cycles advertOld bicycles wanted advertCocoa advert SignalmanCocoa advert Guard