Friern Barnet and Finchley Photo Archive

This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.

Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:

BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES

BARNET MUSEUM

THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY

HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY

FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK

MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

Whetstone

The Blue Anchor, 1432 High Road, Whetstone The cows belong to A1 Dairies and are on their way to milking
The Black Bull, 1446 High Road, Whetstone The pub was rebuilt in 1925 and closed its doors for the last time on 31 March 2008. This photograph...
The Blue Anchor, 1432 High Road, Whetstone Postcard. No postmark. (Andrew Forsyth Collection)
Bricklayers Arms Percy Reboul Collection
High Road, Whetstone 23 June 1904. (Andrew Forsyth Collection)
The Old Swan John Heathfield Collection
The Rising Sun, 249 Oakleigh Road North The original pub on this site, which was built in the 1890s (Percy Reboul collection)
The Griffin, 1262 High Road, Whetstone Outside The Griffin (rebuilt 1929) stands the whetstone whose origin is uncertain but is not, as som...
The Woodman, 416-418 Oakleigh Road North Photograph taken on 31 August 2002

Latest Pics

Former Queens Head pubFire drill article Percy Road playground seatsPercy Road PlaygroundNew PictureFinchley news 1900Record Cycles advertOld bicycles wanted advertCocoa advert SignalmanCocoa advert Guard