This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 1896 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 1910 District: Friern Barnet
St John the Evangelist, Friern Barnet RoadBuilding of the church started in 1892 and was completed in1911. The design is based on a Rhineland chapel and it has beautiful stained glass windows, including one of the architect, John Loughborough Pearson, who is depicted with the plans of the building
Picture added on 29 December 2009 at 15:52