This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
Invoice (Day & Martin)The order for these boot polish items was given just two weeks after the start of WW2, in September 1939. Maybe they were for the forces? This factory in Waterfall Road later became John Dales engineering company
Picture added on 21 March 2010 at 22:46