This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 4118 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 1909 District: Friern Barnet
TramsTram car number 127 heads along Friern Barnet Road towards North Finchley. The walls of Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum can be seen in the background. This postcard is undated but is probably from around 1909 when the tram line was extended from New Southgate to North Finchley
Picture added on 26 January 2013 at 18:00