This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
H A Saunders"Southgate Directory 1950-51"
Picture added on 06 November 2009 at 15:59
Mr Saunders opened a garage behind the old chapel in Totteridge Lane about 1919 selling surplus army lorries. He opened an Austin showrooms and repair shop in Finchley High Road in 1937 opened by Lord Nuffield himself.
Added by J Heathfield on 12 November 2009