This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 755 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 1916 District: New Southgate
Friern Barnet Road, N11A new wider railway bridge had just been built over the East Coast Main Line when this photograph was taken. "The Turrets" (Railway Hotel) can be seen on the left.
Picture added on 16 November 2009 at 16:51
The Turrets has recently been demolished and apartments are being built. Otherwise, very little has changed. Apart from the transport obviously!
Added by Paul Wilmshurst on 23 August 2014