This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.
Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:
BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES
BARNET MUSEUM
THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY
HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK
MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

The Friern Barnet Photo Archive
No: 761 Contributor: Friern Barnet & District Local History Society Year: 2007 District: Friern Barnet
The Orange Tree, 2 Friern Barnet LaneA pub has stood on this site since 1595 when The Crown Inn was built. It was apparently the haunt of Nell Gwynn and changed its name in 1675 after her. The current pub was built in 1909 (Photo by John Holtham)
Picture added on 16 November 2009 at 17:22