Friern Barnet and Finchley Photo Archive

This website is run by FRIERN BARNET & DISTRICT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY. To view our main website click on this link: www.friern-barnethistory.org.uk.

Other websites covering the London Borough of Barnet are:

BARNET LOCAL STUDIES & ARCHIVES

BARNET MUSEUM

THE FINCHLEY SOCIETY

HENDON & DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY

FRIERN BARNET & WHETSTONE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

FRIENDS OF FRIARY PARK

MILL HILL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

1997

High Road, Whetstone Numbers 1263 (Whetstone Bakeries, formerly Hillside Bakeries) and 1265 (That's Nice charity shop) on...
Friern Barnet Library, Friern Barnet Road The library was opened ion 23 March 1934. It was designed by Middlesex County Council architect W T ...
Woodhouse Road, N12 Numbers 199-211 photographed on 31 January 1997 by John Donovan
Woodhouse Road, N12 Numbers 201-205 photographed in February 1997 by John Donovan
Woodhouse Road, N12 A newly constructed mini-roundabout with Fenstanton Avenue on the left. Photographed in March 1997 b...
Information sign This was photographed on 11 July 1997 at the corner of Woodhouse Road and Ashurst Road by John Dono...
Ribblesdale Avenue Land is being cleared on the former Friern Hospital site in this photograph by John Donovan taken on...
Ribblesdale Avenue The sign board is up even before work starts on the building of the houses. Photograph taken on 7 Fe...
Ribblesdale Avenue The roads are built first. Photograhed on 7 February 1997 by John Donovan
Ribblesdale Avenue Photographed on 2 February 1997 by John Donovan
Ribblesdale Avenue, N11 The entry to the new development from Friern Barnet Road with Friern Hospital in the background. Pho...
Ribblesdale Avenue Friern Hospital is in the background in this photograph taken on 26 January 1997 by John Donovan

Latest Pics

Former Queens Head pubFire drill article Percy Road playground seatsPercy Road PlaygroundNew PictureFinchley news 1900Record Cycles advertOld bicycles wanted advertCocoa advert SignalmanCocoa advert Guard